This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can we keep Windows user login icons?

Hi 

We have just begun deploying Safeguard 8.2.16 to one of our clients. Most of the machines are Windows 7.

The users Windows icons are set to a picture of themselves so since rolling out the software, the users have requested if we can continue to use their icons instead of the Sophos gear which has now replaced them.

I've had a look over documents and the management console and can find how to upload a global picture to use but this doesn't help us.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi - I don't think it is possible I'm afraid. 

It's more of the design of Windows/Sophos really, they're not just icons but credential providers. The Windows ones are the standard ones you'd expect and the purpose of them/applet is to hand over authentication to Windows. Equally you could be using a Smart Card, Windows Hello etc... 

So yes - You could use the Windows icons to log in with. Problem with this is that Sophos SafeGuard won't have the credentials handed over to it, so it'll then prompt for your creds once within Windows to authenticate you against SafeGuard.

The other "solution" is to hide the Windows credential providers and just leave the Sophos ones. However this does cause some undesirable effects as Windows DOES kind of need these!

More info here but DO TEST!

https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/114190

I chose to just ask and educate users to ignore the "old" Windows icons and to log in via the Sophos tile/cred provider.

Hope this helps a little?

Reply Children
No Data