This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Uninstalling Safeguard Client 6 from Windows 10

Hi,

We have a site running Safeguard 6 (standalone mode) with the majority of laptops running Windows 7 which works fine. Recently we've installed Safeguard on a number of Windows 10 laptops which obviously only installs the Bitlocker component as Safeguard 6 isn't fully supported.

The issue we have is the recent Windows 10 updates crash and the error states this is due to the Safeguard client. I need to uninstall Safeguard to run the updates, but find that it won't let me. I get the 'Uninstallation is not possible because a policy does not allow it' message.

We have an uninstall policy which works with Windows 7 machines but it won't apply to the Windows 10 as I'm guessing the policy just isn't compatible.

Just wondering if there's any way around this before I wipe the laptops?

Many Thanks

Bri

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Yes - Create a uninstall package that contains policies (if you haven't already). I funnily enough mentioned this earlier today, but for machines that kept insisting the policy wouldn't allow removal despite having the removal package I created a package just for this.

Have you created an uninstall group/decrypt group yet? I can talk you through the whole process if you like but last resort is formatting and wiping and it shouldn't be needed!

• Hi,

Many thanks for your response.

Yeah we have an uninstall policy which we've used in the past on Windows 7 machines we've needed to uninstall the client from. I've installed the policy on one of the Windows 10 laptops, but I'm still getting the error when trying to remove the client. It's like the policy just won't apply to Windows 10.

Did your uninstall policy work on Windows 10, or was it a previous version of Windows?

thanks

• Yes - my policy AND package work fine on Win10. I created it for V7 though, not V6 but it works fine with V7 and V8 without any changes or modifications.

Have you created a package with the policy "pre-applied" as I suggested? My policy ONLY didn't sometimes work and the client would insist it couldn't be uninstalled because of the conflicting policy. However when I made a package WITH a policy bundled in it - worked a treat!

See how my packages do NOT contain a policy here in the config package tool but my uninstall DOES contain my policy group?

• Yes - my policy AND package work fine on Win10. I created it for V7 though, not V6 but it works fine with V7 and V8 without any changes or modifications.

Have you created a package with the policy "pre-applied" as I suggested? My policy ONLY didn't sometimes work and the client would insist it couldn't be uninstalled because of the conflicting policy. However when I made a package WITH a policy bundled in it - worked a treat!

See how my packages do NOT contain a policy here in the config package tool but my uninstall DOES contain my policy group?

Children
No Data