This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Multiple SGN Server Servers on one Host

Hi All,

It appears to me that the SGN Server is a simple IIS website is it possible to run multiple SGN Server instances on the one host? Or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Dean

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Dean, 

Are you looking forward to install SGN server on multiple host for any particular reason?

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hi Haridoss,

Thanks for the reply.

I am actually not looking at multiple hosts, rather I am looking to run multiple SGN Server instances (IIS) on a single host for multi-tenancy support. The documentation though indicates one server per tenant, but it is not clear if that means on SGN Server (IIS) instance per host, or if there can be multiple SGN Server (IIS) instances on a single host using different ports.

Are you able to clarify?

Regards,

Dean Thompson

• Hi Dean, 

Multi‐tenancy allows you to manage multiple SGN installations via a single Management Center.

• In the Management Center, you create a new configuration, pointing to another SGN database. Each time you login to the Management Center thereafter, you choose which instance to login to, and authenticate with the relevant Security Officer.

You can install multiple SGN databases on different/same server. One installation of Management server is enough to manage all these databases. while logging in to management server you have to choose appropriate database to control that instance.

So, you install new database, then open already installed management center, click new configuration and map new configuration to the new database .

Next time you can select any one of these configurations (essentially separate tenants/database) and log in to that tenant.

You can create a database during the initial configuration as well.

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hi Haridoss,

Initially after reading the above I thought I had this clear, but on re-reading I need to clarify something.

You state:

Haridoss Sreenivasan said:
    One installation of Management server is enough to manage all these databases. while logging in to management server you have to choose appropriate database to control that instance.

When you say one installation of management server is enough, I think you are referring to the Management Centre. That's understood and fine. My question pertains to the SGN Server component that the managed endpoints talk to.

Perhaps if I explain what I am trying to achieve it may help. What I am looking to do is minimise the number of hosts whilst servicing multiple tenants. To do this I am happy to run-up multiple instances of SGN Server on a single host. Is this possible?

Regards,

Dean Thompson

• Hi Haridoss,

Initially after reading the above I thought I had this clear, but on re-reading I need to clarify something.

You state:

Haridoss Sreenivasan said:
    One installation of Management server is enough to manage all these databases. while logging in to management server you have to choose appropriate database to control that instance.

When you say one installation of management server is enough, I think you are referring to the Management Centre. That's understood and fine. My question pertains to the SGN Server component that the managed endpoints talk to.

Perhaps if I explain what I am trying to achieve it may help. What I am looking to do is minimise the number of hosts whilst servicing multiple tenants. To do this I am happy to run-up multiple instances of SGN Server on a single host. Is this possible?

Regards,

Dean Thompson

Children
No Data