This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

CustomAction SGNCmdInt_6X returned actual error code 1603

Anyone have this issue with the SafeGuard Easy configuration MSI's ?  Mine keep on failing with the below error code taken from an MSI verbose log.

I can't figure out what the problem could be.....

Windows 7, 64bit, running as the administrator account....

TransRec config file C:\ProgramData\Utimaco\SafeGuard Enterprise\Import\SGMRawImp.xml couldn't be opened (30065)

error loading TransRec config file C:\ProgramData\Utimaco\SafeGuard Enterprise\Import\SGMRawImp.xml (30065)

:23429

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Sophos_n00b,

welcome to the forum and thank you very much for posting.

Based on you description it seems as if the installation is unable to access the SGMCMDINTN.EXE tool on your machine. Another possibility would be that the time configuration of your client is different from the server time on which the client config was installed?

Last but not least please check that you don't have a client config already installed which belongs to a different back end initially

Regards

Dan

:23481
  • Thanks for the reply Dan, but this was done with a brand new installation of Safeguard Editor with a SQL database, with the  configuration MSI being installed onto a freshly built laptop...

The SGMCMDINTN.EXE is on the target laptop, but the file SGMRawImp.xml is not in the place the installer is looking in.  There are 4 instances of SGMRawImp.xml on the laptop, 2 are 0 bytes, and the other 2 are 606 bytes ...

The endpoint laptops are not joined to a domain, since they are loaners, what kind of authentication should I be using to access the database?

The server is:

Windows Server 2008 Standard

x64

4 Gb RAM

The laptop is also running Win7 Enterprise, x64 ....

This is the only thing holding me up, and I need to get this deployed.

thanks for you help..

:23757
  • Hi there,

neither the OS version nor the communication method is related to this one. For speed purposed I would recommend to use SSL though.

With regards to the XML files not being in the correct place... are you installing SGN to a drive that does not hold the OS files, are you using roaming profiles or do you have any system variables changed / user profile redirected?

Where are the XML files stored? What happens if you copy them to the location the installer is checking?

Regards

Dan

:23779