This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Email through Reflexion being rejected by AOL

Is there anything we can do? I opened case with support yesterday.  I have spent over an hour on hold for support.

-----Original Message-----
From: mailer-daemon@asp.reflexion.net [mailto:mailer-daemon@asp.reflexion.net]
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2016 1:25 PM
To: Patty Eldredge
Subject: failure notice

This is an SMTP server at asp.reflexion.net

Your message could not be delivered to the following address: <menasche@aol.com>

(Unified Log Code: 32119402607, 0001)
from <patty@stuartshelby.com>
to <menasche@aol.com>
mailin-04.mx.aol.com:64.12.88.132 failed after I sent the message. STARTTLS proto=TLSv1; cipher=DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA.
Remote host said: 521 5.2.1 : AOL will not accept delivery of this message.

and 

-----Original Message-----
From: mailer-daemon@asp.reflexion.net [mailto:mailer-daemon@asp.reflexion.net]
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2016 10:46 AM
To: Chuck Halberg
Subject: failure notice

This is an SMTP server at asp.reflexion.net

Your message could not be delivered to the following address: <ccgmcgovern@aol.com>

(Unified Log Code: 32152511682, 0001)
from <chuckh@stuartshelby.com>
to <ccgmcgovern@aol.com>
mailin-03.mx.aol.com:152.163.0.100 failed after I sent the message. STARTTLS proto=TLSv1; cipher=DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA.
Remote host said: 521 5.2.1 : AOL will not accept delivery of this message.

and see the web page attached.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • We have a client experiencing the same issue the past month.  They were just put on Reflexion about 2 months ago and now complaining that over 50% of emails sent to AOL addresses are not going through.  This was not an issue with their previous anti-spam provider.  No NDRs are being received so they don't even know that that their emails aren't making it unless the intended recipient calls them to notify them.

Some emails are going through but this needs to be addressed.  The client is not blacklisted anywhere and is able to successfully send to all other domains.

• Support finally responded to me and said AOL keeps randomly blocking their IP addresses.  They no longer get one set of IP addresses unblocked, but another set is blocked.  My yucky solution was a send connector that sent email to the AOL domain out over the internet instead of through Reflexion.

Reply Children