This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Feature Request - More granular newsletter blocking

I have a big problem with the way newsletters are handled right now. It's one thing when the from address is always the same, because that's easy to block. But when someone is using a service like Constant Contact, I have no way to effectively block or allow newsletters. I have several people who are receiving unwanted newsletters or bulk mailings from entities using Constant Contact, but also receive legitimate newsletters that they want to receive, also from Constant Contact. So right now the only option I have is to block the whole constantcontact.com domain, but that will also block the newsletters that they want. If I flip everything around by checking the box to block all newsletters and bulk mailings, I'm still in the same boat. I would have to allow the whole constantcontact.com domain so that they can receive the newsletter they want. But in so doing, I am going to be allowing the ones that they don't want as well.

We came from MXLogic and they were looking at the from address instead of the envelope-from address, so we were able to effectively block mailings from a specific entity by blocking the from address, which is usually the same each time. I need something like this. Even if you only apply it to bulk mailings and keep everything else using the envelope-from address. If it's a bulk mailing we should be able to block either from field.

This is a huge deal for us. I've got users at several different clients complaining, and I've got one customer threatening to leave because their spam filter isn't working like they are used to.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.