This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Feature Request: Allow Enterprise level Allow and Block Lists to override Sophos/Reflexion blatant spam filters

Allow Enterprise level Allow and Block Lists to override Sophos/Reflexion blatant spam filters.

If I add a domain to my Allow list, I would expect every email from that domain to come through. Currently, this is not the case. Sophos/Reflexion's back-end has its own set of rule and filters email before I get a chance to see it, often with false positives.

We recently had a client that was not receiving an important email from their main office. This original email had 800 recipients. Sophos/Reflexion blocked this email as "too many recipients" and did not report the block to our console.

It would be nice for the administrator to be able to have control over what email gets through the system. 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • You are missing a step. The Sophos gateway scans all incoming email and dispatches with it based on Sophos rules for blatant spam. After that, it follows the rules you listed.

These emails and the associated logs are lost to the end user and the administrators of the domains. Only Sophos employees can see these logs, and the emails that are deleted.

I have had to contact tech support multiple times for emails that were eaten by the Sophos Gateway, and never made it to my management portal. They were able to lift blocks that were keeping me from getting emails. 

I am just asking that there be transparency, and that we can see EVERY email that is bound for our servers. There are a lot of false positives at the gateway that cause us grief on the support side of this product. 

It is more like this.