This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

PureMessage won't update spam rules

Hi there,

since a few weeks now we've got the problem, that PureMessage won't update its spam rules. 

We've opened two different tickets and talked to different Sophos supporters but both told me, that "it must be a problem with our infrastrucutre and can't be a sophos problem".

Well... strangely the problem only occurs on our Exchange Client Access servers (CAS). The Exchange Mailbox servers don't have this problem, but have the exact same policies and permissions like the CAS servers, therefore I don't understand why it should be a problem of our infrastructure. 

Also PureMessage has been working before with the exact same policies and permissions. 

We are using a Checkpoint Firewall combined with a McAfee Webproxy. In the updating policy on our SEC, "Sophos" has been set as secondary update source and the proxy details have also been configured.

On our webproxy, every Exchange server is allowed to connect/download from the following Sophos urls without any further control or security check:

• sophosupd.com
  • *.sophosupd.com
  • sophosupd.net
  • *.sophosupd.net
  • sophos.com
  • *.sophos.com
  • sophos.de
  • *.sophos.com

In the live log on our proxy I can see that every request to one of the urls above (mostly d1.sophosupd.com) is allowed.

Nevertheless I'm always getting the following error message in the ALUpdate.log everytime PureMessage tries to update from Sophos:
Trace(2017-May-29 10:36:20): ERROR: [E32425] Connection dropped while downloading d1.sophosupd.com/.../7922ee00c1cbc73445573079583d2c98x000.xml; downloaded 194 bytes of 200

The file that's beeing downloaded can vary, but the error message is always the same.

I haven't been able to reproduce the problem on any other system and like I said, only our CAS servers are affected, our Mailbox servers are working like expected.

Any help or idea would be very much appreciated as I don't have any clue anymore what could cause this problem.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Christian

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
No Data