This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

POP3 Email duplication after running mailbox store scan manually

We  are using pure message 4.0 for exchange 2013 and recently when we scanned the mailstore database all POP3 Accounts downloaded old copy of email. To verify i ran the manual mailbox store scan and again all the messages were downloaded to POP3 Account only. Is there anyway to stop this on POP3 Account as i have so duplication bacause of this

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • After upgrading our Exchange 2016 from CU1 to CU4 and PM 4.0.3 we’ve got the same problems (and more):

POP3 (verified for Outlook 2013, Thunderbird and Apple Mail): When POP3 is configured to leave the downloaded messages on the server, it will re-download all messages at least once a week. We have noticed, that the X-UIDL is different in each copy.

IMAP: IMAP resyncs every week. It looks like every single E-Mail header is downloaded at least once every week.

MAPI: Users with big (or many) mailboxes noticed, that the synchronization times have grown. It seems that Outlook resyncs everything completely.

After disabeling every Sophos related service on all three DAG members our problems vanished. 

We need a fix for this A.S.A.P.

We are currently running Exchange 2016 CU4 on Windows Server 2012R2 (3 Servers, DAG) with Sophos Pure Message 4.0.3.

• I guess that during the email scanning, pure message touches the email in some way, so the email thumberprint or hash change and POP3 email client download the message again because it "thinks" it is a new email.

Configuring Outlook anywhere is an option but an official answer from Sophos could help.

Regards

• I guess that during the email scanning, pure message touches the email in some way, so the email thumberprint or hash change and POP3 email client download the message again because it "thinks" it is a new email.

Configuring Outlook anywhere is an option but an official answer from Sophos could help.

Regards

Children
No Data