This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

PureMessage 4.03 on Exchange 2016 Cluster

Well... after much gnashing of teeth, and several inquires to Technical Support - it works!

Here is my configuration:

I have (2) Exchange 2016 Servers, one in Site A and the other in Site B.  What I did was set up a database availability group for redundancy as well as for employees who travel between locations.  

My first attempt at installing PureMessage did not fare so well.  The "local" option was grayed out, and the "browse" only could see the old SQL Exchange 2010/PureMessage server.  AFter doing some research and troubleshooting I determined that PureMessage did not install the local SQL Database and cannot use the one created by the previous server.

I tried installing a local Instance of SQL Express on both servers using the SQL Express 2008-R2 located in the Resources folder.  After trying to re-run the PureMessage install, the "Local" option appeared, but could not connect to the local SQL Express instances.

After much trial and error, I did notice the PureMessage at my Site A could see and connect to my Sophos AV server running  Sophos Enterprise 5.04.  I figured it couldn't hurt and let it rip.  Success!!!  I then told the PureMessage at Site B the location of the Sophos Enterprise server, Success!  Both 

For clustered Exchange Servers with Database Availability Group you need to have one separate SQL Instance that Puremessage can see.   I am still waiting on a response from Sophos on the tech support case I opened.

In hindsight, it does say in Appendix A concerning the database requirements.  PureMessage will install to a local clustered Virtual SQL Server instance or a remote SQL Server instance.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
No Data