This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Puremessage for Exchange 2010 on Windows 2008 R2

Hi. I've started having problems with my Puremessage 3.1.4 on my Exchange 2010 installation.

It's always worked really well and it still does for the most part. I've had to uninstall and reinstall Puremessage twice in the last six months because the Puremessage service develops a problem where it just stops and won't start. We get a deluge of spam until I switch off inbound smtp and reinstall Puremessage

Now I have an application error on store scanning. It says :

'Sophos Anti-Virus Interface (SAVI) returned an error whilst scanning. Please check your Sophos Anti-Virus installation'

SMTP traffic is being scanned and viruses are being detected and stopped so it looks like the interface between SAVI and Exchange is faulty. Does this sound right? How do I correct the issue?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Alan Stratton

Royal & Derngate, UK

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I have the same issue, did you get any solution to the problem.

• Hi

I emailed my huge diagnostic log to Sophos but I've had nothing back so far

I actually have a fully working system at the moment. I uninstalled Puremessage completely, after first disabling inbound SMTP on my firewall, then I deleted the remaining Puremessage installation folder in Program Files/Sophos. I reinstalled Puremessage, pointing it to the same SQL instance and restored my backup Puremessage config. The first time I did this it lasted 24 hours before the failed spam engine messages started again. Doing it a second time seems to have cured it so far. It's been fine for nearly a week now.

Alan

• Hi

I emailed my huge diagnostic log to Sophos but I've had nothing back so far

I actually have a fully working system at the moment. I uninstalled Puremessage completely, after first disabling inbound SMTP on my firewall, then I deleted the remaining Puremessage installation folder in Program Files/Sophos. I reinstalled Puremessage, pointing it to the same SQL instance and restored my backup Puremessage config. The first time I did this it lasted 24 hours before the failed spam engine messages started again. Doing it a second time seems to have cured it so far. It's been fine for nearly a week now.

Alan

Children
No Data