This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Why does Pure message block allowed senders?

Can you please fix the issue so that allowed senders are not blocked by the the content blocked lists. Although when quarantined mail is released and the senders added to the allow list this does not allow these senders to not be blocked. This has been a long standing issue for many years, in fact ever since Pure Message was developed and needs fixing urgently.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • You are right Pure Message has long done this. It hasn't been a problem until the Word/Excel attacks started a couple of years ago.

Right now it has got to the point where all Word/Excel files are Quarantined because we just cannot trust them, I also find that Sophos Anti-Virus is nearly always behind on detections until I have submitted the quarantined messages to the samples@sophos.com address. Usually once Sophos has created another new variant detection for the file the drive by spam threat stops not longer after.

Ultimately end users in our company are frustrated that every Office attachment gets held up to be checked because there is no relationship between the Allowed senders and the content filter and adding a recipient as an exception is too much of a risk to be a viable option.

PureMessage needs to be vastly improved as it is not keeping up with the times.

• Just looking through a handful of forum posts and I can see this is a requested feature over and over. Sophos really need to implement white/safe list for restricted/blocked attachments so that legitimate ones can get through.