This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Getting Phish Threat emails through Pure Message

Just a note for anyone with the same setup as us. In order to get the Phish Threat emails past Pure Message I had to do the following.

1) Add the Phish Threat sending host, jive.phishthreat.com, to the Whitelisted hosts section of the policy in Pure Message.

2) Add the Phish Threat sender address list to the Whitelisted senders section of the policy in Pure Message.  Both the host and senders can be found in the settings menu of the PhishThreat interface. Both of these steps may not be required, I was already in there so I did both.

3) Move the policy rule "Deliver mail from whitelisted hosts and senders" to the top of the policy chain in the Policy Rules of Pure Message.  Note that this will require editing the policy source. Check the Pure Message community if you do not know how to do that.

Once those changes were made, I restarted the milter service and the messages came through unmolested. I still had to write a SpamAssassin rule in our second AV chain to allow the messages once Pure Message was allowing the messages through to my MTA.

DAve

This thread was automatically locked due to age.