This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Phisthreat emails slow to go out, or don't go out at all

We have been unable to get the "test" to work when creating a campaign. Nothing happens, no error, no warning, no email arrives.

When testing campaigns we thought the emails were not going out, we discovered that they did go out, but may not leave the sophos servers for hours, or even days. We checked the global and campaign settings and the intervals are all blank, which mean that all emails go out at once. I tested myself with only a single account enrolled in the campaign. It has been several hours and the email has not arrived yet.

It is very very hard to test against our anti-spam system when I have to wait days to see if the whitelisting for phishthreat emails is correct. Can these deliveries be done in a timely manner?

DAve

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Dave,

If you review the Campaign Overview, what is the status of these emails,? Are they shown as 'Pending', 'Sent' or anything else? 

If they show as 'Pending' then chances are the start date for the campaign is in the future.

If they show as 'Sent' then this tells us the email is successfully out of the Phish Threat system, and trying to reach the recipient's address.

Phish Threat does offer the ability to send out a test email straight away whilst setting up the campaign:

This test email can be used to check you've correctly white listed our IPs and/ or domains. 

Regards,

Byron 

• Yes, we know about the test. We also read what little there is about running a campaign and watched the videos.

The problem is that the messages take days to leave the Sophos servers. Days.

Received: from mail.greenfieldin.org ([127.0.0.1])
    	by localhost (XXXXX.greenfieldin.org [127.0.0.1]) (amavisd-new, port 10024)
    	with ESMTP id EKM6gS_Pa2vv for <dgoodrich@greenfieldin.org>;
    	Sun,  6 Aug 2017 18:30:28 -0400 (EDT)
    Received: from mail.greenfieldin.org (XXXXX.greenfieldin.org [10.16.2.92])
    	by XXXXX.greenfieldin.org (Postfix) with SMTP id 5383F6638004
    	for <XXXXX@greenfieldin.org>; Sun,  6 Aug 2017 18:30:28 -0400 (EDT)
    Received: from jive.phishthreat.com (jive.phishthreat.com [107.170.253.6])
    	by XXXXX.greenfieldin.org (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 2274C6638003
    	for <XXXXX@greenfieldin.org>; Sun,  6 Aug 2017 18:30:28 -0400 (EDT)
    Received: from PhishThreatVM (unknown [13.89.43.225])
    	by jive.phishthreat.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 51F5A18020B
    	for <XXXXX@greenfieldin.org>; Thu,  3 Aug 2017 12:29:55 -0600 (MDT)

Dave
  • Hello Dave,

Please could you send me your Sophos license number directly and I'll raise a support request on your behalf. It seems further investigation is required here. 

For others reading this post I'll be sure to update it once we've taken a look into this. 

Regards,

Byron 

• Thank you Byron,

Yesterday morning seemed much better. I was able to get the emails, both test and campaign, delivered promptly. Again this morning the emails are delivering in minutes instead of days as well. We finished our setup and successfully passed all emails through both Pure Message and our MTA AV system.

At this point everything seems much faster than last week. We will send our first campaign out this afternoon.

DAve

• We started our first full campaign yesterday morning, 199 recipients. I have not received my email yet. Looking at the dashboard gives no useful information. It claims all 199 emails are pending, yet also shows 15 have been opened.

Do we know where the emails are? I do not see them in any of my MTA queues and the dashboard gives me precious little information.

DAve

• No change this morning. I still have not gotten my campaign email and the dashboard, or campaign overview, are not updating.

Do we know where my emails are? Do we know where my email are? Do we know when reporting will catch up? It has been nearly 48 hours.

DAve

• Hi Dave,

Please could you send me your Sophos license number directly and I'll raise a support request on your behalf. It seems further investigation is required here.

Thanks,

Byron

• PM sent to Byron this morning as the dashboard has not changed, still nothing reported and the phishing emails are still straggling in.

DAve

• Still no change, and I still have not gotten my phish email. The system still says none have gone out, yet 49 people have opened the emails. I can confirm that some have been delivered.

DAve

• Hi Byron, similar issues here for me too.

Created File Attachement Campaign -> No test email has been sent. OK. I haven´t changed anything, all by default. Started Campaign, enrolled a user. But no email has been sent, it is in "Pending" state for more than 12hours. I have created several similar campaigns - same result.

For me the Attachement campaign is quite broken, because:

- test as well the attack email is not delivered (is in pending state)

- the attached file (secure document attachement campaign) and also others like DHL failed delivery attachement and another are missing the Macro (or has just *test* inside), so the training actually wont starts (in case the attack email is delivered)

- some images in PT during attack setup are missing or corrupt

- also the main landing page, after logging into PT has issues to display the content.

Yeasterday, I have created few other campaigns, credential harvesting and phishing - no problems with delivery.

I guess I have to open a support case anyway. But I think this is not just me, having such troubles.

Patrik