This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Phish Threat - issue with selecting custom Attack and automated start

I have encounter some issues within Phish Threat. Could anyone confirm the same?

1. Once the campaign is set and users enrolled, and I choose "Change Training" - select and SuBMIT button, the Campaign STARTS immediatelly without any additional prompt or confirmation.

This seems to me as a bug. (Or is it a purpose!?)

2. I have created Custom Phishing Attack, then I go Create NEw Campaign - Attachement - insert name + choose Training - Continue button - Select Campaign Attack - checkbox "Show only my attacks" - click Continue and the Page just reload for me, and it awaits my input (select attack) again.

It will continue only when I choose the custom Attack from the complete list of available attacks.

Anyone could confirm same behavior? It is a bit annoying.

Thank you in advance!

Patrik

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Patrik,

I have raised both of your points with Development as you're absolutely right for both of these issues. I can see it does start the campaign automatically which is rather unexpected and the show my attacks option also is not working correctly. 

I'll update this post when more information becomes available. 

Again, thanks for your efforts.

Best Regards,

Byron 

Update: When you click 'Show my attacks' the template you created will need to match the type of attack you're setting up. For example if you're setting up a Phishing campaign, you will have had to create a custom Phishing template previously. Same for Attachment and Credential Harvesting campaigns. I suspect I did the same as yourself at first. For me the custom template was a phishing template and the campaign I was creating was an attachment campaign. This won't work. Please setup templates for Attachment and Credential Harvesting campaigns then you won't run into this :) 

Regarding the first issue Development are still looking into the issue and I'll provide updates to this post when they become available.

• Hi Byron, great, looking forward for update! :)

Patrik

• Hi Byron, sorry to say it, I can replicate the issue also for credential harvesting. I have created the campaign and custom attack as you have advised.

Using Firefox 54.0.

PS

• Hi Patrik, 

I'm not able to replicate this so I'd like to review this further with you. Can you please enable remote assistance within your Sophos Central Admin portal and send me a PM letting me know when it's been enabled. I can then log into your portal and double check a few things. 

Many thanks,

Byron

• Any updates on this issue? My circumstance is similar:

• I created a custom phishing attack.
    • When I go to create a campaign, and click Phishing Campaign, it takes me to Training (.../add-campaign/step-select-training?t=AP)
    • I changed the URL suffix to .../add-campaign/step-select-attack and was able to pull up all attacks
    • I can find my campaign, but when select Use this Attack and click Continue, I get:

Sorry, an error occurred while processing your request.

Any ideas? Worth a new forum post?

• Hi Patrik,

Just a quick update regarding the issue where the campaign automatically starts if the training is changed. Development have fixed this in the next release of Phish Threat which will be out soon. 

Best Regards,

Byron