Reporting a message with the Outlook plugin . . .

When I try to report a message with the Outlook plug-in, I get a 'Report Message is working on your Report Message request" until what appears to be a time out, then I get "We're sorry, we couldn't access Report Message. Make sure you have a network connection. If the problem continues, please try later." Do I need to open any firewall ports for this feature to work? We have a hybrid Exchange environment (Office 365 and on premise). The accounts I'm try to use are on premise, and the plugin was installed in the local Exchange environment.

• In reply to FloSupport:

Those IPs are whitlisted. The issue is not on the receiving mail end, however. When I clip on a received phish threat mail to report it is when it times out. Thanks!

Your post is of no assistance. We are also having the same issue.

I just spent over 3 hours on the phone with support (Mosty on hold) with no resolution. No one even seems to understand what is going on. 

My case # is: 8507647

• In reply to Robert Phillips:

Robert, 

Did you ever get the report message button to work? We are also having the same issue and have spent hours on the phone with support getting nowhere. 

• In reply to Michael Gates:

Hi Michael,

Apologies for this inconvenience and negative experience with our support team. I have located your support case, were you able to get connected with one of our engineers? Please PM me as I would like to follow up with you.

Thanks,

• Hi,

We have just started to receive this error after a few months of the system working fine.

I've confirmed that we whitelisted those IPs but doubt that would be the cause anyway as we are receiving the phishing campaign emails fine, just can't report them.

Is there a fix for it? 

• In reply to Graeme Tolson:

Hi  

This specific issue is currently being investigated under the ID PHISH-3736. Will reply back here when there is an update.

I would advise for you to please raise a support case mentioning this ID, so that further investigation can be performed for your situation. Please PM me with your case ID so I may follow up.

Thanks,

We are running into the same issue.  Our results seem to point at a problem with outlook 2019.  We have ran the test on the following computers with mixed results.

Windows 10 with Outlook 2019 - Never got a successful report sent.

Windows 10 with Outlook 2013 - Was able to report both campaign e-mails and random e-mails.

Windows 7 with Outlook 2016 - Was able to report both campaign e-mails and random e-mails.

• In reply to Bryan Lee:

Hi  

[Update] What Microsoft Exchange version are you running in your environment?

Reference: Is my environment compatible with Sophos Outlook Add-in?

Regards.

4 Months since the issue was reported and still not a single call from Sophos. I am told by support that others have reported the same issue but, still no resolution or attempt to work though the issue with the clients. My contract renewal is quickly approaching.

• In reply to Michael Gates:

Hi Michael,

Apologies for this delay and inconvenience. This issue is currently with our development team and our management team is also aware and following up. I have been actively monitoring your support case (#8507647) and have been in direct contact with your assigned engineer. I can see that you were sent an email on Feb. 26th also outlining the current situation and potential next steps for you to progress the case.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to me if you had any further questions or concerns regarding this issue or your support case.

Regards,

• I started the trial in January this year and the button worked on individual instances across Outlook 2013, 2016 PC and 2016 mac.  Licensed the full product for 350 users last week and deployed the button through the O365 central admin tools.

Button worked on Friday but I come into the office today (Monday) and lots of people are trying to use the facility to report a simulated Phish and now the button has stopped working with the same errors as above.

It's really bad that two days after we've launched the service to users and deployed the button, for it to stop working.  The staff have probably lost faith in the system already.

• In reply to Clive Whitford:

Hi  

My apologies to hear about this. This potentially could be related to the same issue as others here are experiencing (PHISH-3736) which is still actively being investigated by our team.

Would it be possible to please raise a support case and PM me with your case ID so I can follow this up accordingly?

Thanks,

I had already logged a ticket and yesterday afternoon the button started to work again.  I suspect that the script behind the button is making calls to specific servers or URLs and there was a problem with some of those. is there a service status page for Sophos Central and it's sub services?

• In reply to Clive Whitford:

Hi  

Thanks for following up! We do have this page that is available: https://centralstatus.sophos.com/#!/