This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

When is a Phish Threat mail regarded as opened?

Hi,

I initiated my first campaign with Phish Threat. 34 users got an email. Currently only 7 of them opened the email as displayed in the dashboard. But what does "open" mean? I also opened the email but did not click on the link so I would think that I should also appear in the dashboard in the list of users who opened the email. But the dashboard tells me I am only a receiver but never opened the mail.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi,

From what I can tell an end user has to physically click and open the email. If you have a preview fuction i.e. Outlook Reading Pane this doesn't count/register as Email Open.

Andrew

• This is what I thought but when I open the email it still is not reported as opened.

But I am investigating an issue with a double user account in Sophos Central which I can't delete. Maybe this issue is raised by the double account.

Regards, Jelle

Sophos XG210-HA (SFOS 18.0.4) on SG210 appliances with Sandstorm and 1x AP55
    Sophos Central with Intercept X Advanced, Device Encryption, Phish Threat, Mobile Control Advanced

If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Could be. Yet, I've not come across anything like that so far.

Assume you've checked the simple things.

Email client version.

Add-ins.

Client side firewall

How were the emails opened by the 7 ? etc.

• All Outlook 2016 from Office 365. Client side firewall is turned off currently. All users have Sophos Endpoint and Intercept X installed with same rules.

I did not talk to the users as this is the first test with Phish Threat. I'm going to "reveal" the test next week.

Regards, Jelle

Sophos XG210-HA (SFOS 18.0.4) on SG210 appliances with Sandstorm and 1x AP55
    Sophos Central with Intercept X Advanced, Device Encryption, Phish Threat, Mobile Control Advanced

If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hi,

Except for the O365. That's my setup too.

The reveal is the way forward, did mine last week. The best way to get a proper end user baseline I think.

Andrew

Reply Children
No Data