This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Some Videos Not Playing As Soon As They Are Uploaded

We're using Sophos Secure Workplace to distribute videos to our corporate iPads.  We have 6 videos in total at the moment and they vary in size from 6.6-81.1MB and have all been formatted using the same codec.

4 of the 6 videos play without any issues but 2 open up in the video player but with just a black screen.  Previously this would crash Sophos but since updating to iOS 9.3.1 it doesn't crash and allows the user to press back to get to the list of videos again.  The 2 videos are at either end of the size spectrum so I don't think the size is causing an issue.

We are adding the videos to Favorites to play offline whilst the users are out and about.

Previously I've had this problem after uploading 5 of these videos originally (approx. a month ago) and 3 didn't play at first.  However, after a long weekend all 5 videos seemed to play without issue and without anyone doing anything in the background but this doesn't seem to be the same this time.

Is there a process going on in the background that may be preventing the videos from playing until it has completed?  I've tried uploading the files multiple times to make sure it isn't the files being corrupted during the upload process but I have the same problem. I've also tried uploading the videos directly on to my iPad via iTunes to make sure the videos are all playable and there doesn't seem to be a problem there.

If it is a process going on in the background it would be ideal to know what it is so that I can issue guidance to the users about the reason for the wait time.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.