This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Update apps deployed with sophos central for mobile devices

How do i update the apps deployed to mobile devices?

Can the apps automatically be updated thru Sophos Central and then automatically to the mobile devices? Must the use with the mobiel update the apps self?

When there is a new version of an IOS app we would likedeploy this updates to the devices automatically.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply
  • Hi  

As far as I understand you want pre-installed app automatically updated. Unfortunately, this is not something that can be performed through Sophos Mobile. The software only allows the updating of apps in two different circumstances.

The first way you can get apps automatically updated is through Apple VPP which has been combined now into apple business manager. This setting can be enabled within the settings in Sophos Mobile. Please note the automatic updating of these apps can only occur if the apps have been purchased and installed through Apple VPP.

The second way you can get apps updated is by sending an install task to the device for the app itself however please note that this will require the user confirmation on the device. This is also not available for apps that are pre-installed on the device. 

Please let me know if you have any further concerns. 

Shweta

Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Are you a Sophos Partner? | Product Documentation@SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'Verify Answer' link.
    The New Home of Sophos Support Videos! - Visit Sophos Techvids
Children