This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Force usage of Sophos Secure Email App to Access Office 365 Mailbox

Hello,

we want to prevent our users from accessing their business mailboxes on private devices using the built-in or any other mail application. Instead, we want to force them to use only the Sophos Secure Email App. This way, mails and contacts are secured in a container and cannot be transferred to, for example, a private WhatsApp contact list.

As i understand the EAS proxy, this can be done for on-premise Exchange servers. The Exchange server is hidden behind the firewall, and all ActiveSync traffic is routed through the EAS proxy. Only the Secure Email App is allowed as a client.

How can this be achieved for Office 365 mailboxes ?

When using the EAS proxy with the Office 365 Powershell instance type, i can allow or block certain devices, but can i also block apps (except the Secure Email App) ?

As soon as a device is compliant, every ActiveSync connection from this device will be allowed.

Perhaps, the Secure Email App has a special ActiveSync-ID so Office 365 can differentiate ?

Has anyone else this use case ?

PS: we are using Sophos Central

Thank you and regards

Bodo

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children