This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Deploy an "in app" purchase to iPads

Users need an added function to an app that is an "in app" purchase.

What is the best way to manage this?

I thought about allowing users to make the purchase themselves by allowing in app purchase, but I haven't been able to enable this function.

OR

Make the purchase via VPP (somehow?) and deploy the in app purchase via Sophos MDM.

Can someone pls help resolve this, on how I can deploy the in app purchase to about 20 iPad devices?

Perhaps these is a way Im not aware of?

Thanks in advance

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi  

Sophos mobile has an option in restriction configuration for an iOS profile where you can enable in-app purchase for the users. Please refer to this document which suggests about the option.

If you have done that already and it is not getting enabled on the devices, please confirm if it is the scenario for you.

Regards,

Jasmin
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Support

Sophos Support VideosKnowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts |
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link

• Thanks for the reply.

I understand that Sophos has the in app purchase restriction - this has been enabled (so that in app purchases CAN be made).

However, staff are still unable to do make purchases on the iPads.

Error message: This product cannot be purchased at the moment because in-app purchases are turned off on your device. Please allow in app purchases and try again.

Note: content a privacy restrictions on the device is not enabled.

I suspect that this is blocked at the Apple business account level? 

• Thanks for the reply.

I understand that Sophos has the in app purchase restriction - this has been enabled (so that in app purchases CAN be made).

However, staff are still unable to do make purchases on the iPads.

Error message: This product cannot be purchased at the moment because in-app purchases are turned off on your device. Please allow in app purchases and try again.

Note: content a privacy restrictions on the device is not enabled.

I suspect that this is blocked at the Apple business account level? 

Children