This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Mobile Security enrollment over SMS?

Hello,

is there a way to enroll Sophos Mobile Security via SMS ?

I know it was possible before..

Or does anybody see an alternative solution for me ?

The devices are everywhere in Germany and not all user have an Email-adress.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Thomas,

I don't think this is possible.
    Only Way I know to to it over SMS is to generate the QR Code and Paste the "Alternative Procedure" Dates to your Smartphone and send them via SMS.

The Users still have to download the SMC App and then paste the Informations to the APP.

Greetings,

Malte

• Thank you Malte its a useful but quite time-consuming method.

I'm talking about 200-300 devices....  :-/ 

• Okay, thats quite a job..

The Self Service Portal is no option, if the users have no Emailadress.

Every other way to do ist automatically wont work, because the QR Tokens are only valid for a limited time and you will have even more work to find out which users have aleready registered and which users have not.

no chance to give your users a emailadress?

With Emailadresses you could use the Self-Service-Portal.

Are you talking about Android Phones or iOS Devices?

Then Maybe Android Zero Touch or Apple DEP cloud be an Option. 

• Okay, thats quite a job..

The Self Service Portal is no option, if the users have no Emailadress.

Every other way to do ist automatically wont work, because the QR Tokens are only valid for a limited time and you will have even more work to find out which users have aleready registered and which users have not.

no chance to give your users a emailadress?

With Emailadresses you could use the Self-Service-Portal.

Are you talking about Android Phones or iOS Devices?

Then Maybe Android Zero Touch or Apple DEP cloud be an Option. 

Children
  • I'm talking about DEP devices.

I could enroll the app via DEP but how does the Device conect to the User ?

• Ich schreibe es jetzt mal auf Deutsch, dann breche ich mir für den englischen Text nicht so einen ab ;-).

also, wenn die Geräte bei einem zertifizierten Apple DEP Händler gekauft wurden können diese über die DEP Nummer im Apple Portal business.apple.com importiert werden.
    Das erstellen des Accounts dauert 5 Tage und man benötigt eine D-U-N-S Number.
    Die D-U-N-S Number für deutsche Unternehmen kann auf https://www.upik.de/ eingesehen und ggf. beantragt werden.

Wenn die Geräte im Businessportal hinterlegt sind kann eine VPP Bindung und eine DEP Bindung mit dem Apple Portal erstellt werden - Im Sophos Mobile unter Systemeinstellungen (Falls dazu Fragen bestehen einfach schreiben, dann gehe ich da noch genauer drauf ein).
    Wenn der Benutzer ein DEP Gerät hat und es einschaltet wird die Domänenauthentifizierung abgefragt. Damit das klappt muss das Benutzerverzeichnis, sprich das LDAP über https freigegeben werden und kann auch unter den Systemeinstellungen eingetragen werden.
    Ebenfalls in den Systemeinstellungen können dann DEP Profile erstellt werden, in denen definiert wird welches Auftragspaket bei der Registrierung ausgeführt werden soll.
    Dann provisionieren sich die Geräte automatisch.

Apps können dann im Businessportal unter dem Punkt "Apps & Bücher" gekauft werden (Auch kostenlose werden dann zum Betrag von 0€ "gekauft". Das ist zu empfehlen, da nur die importierten VPP Apps unbeaufsichtigt installiert werden können.

Sollten die Apps bei keinem Zertifizierten DEP Händler gekauft worden sein bleibt leider nur die Option die Geräte manuell mit einem Mac und dem Apple Configurator in das Portal zu bringen. Dann wäre das in Ihrem Fall allerdings wieder uninteressant.