This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Scanning

I have just scanned the phone but Sophos says I do not scan for a week, but I scan every day.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Stefan, 

Please help me with the following:

1. What is the current version of Sophos Mobile Security?

2. Is this is a managed or standalone application?

3. What is the android version?

Please share the screenshot of where it says the scan did not happen

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Now Sophos timed scan has remained in the same position for about 15 hours "Next scan within 1 hour" though I had the mobile on charge 2 times. So it does not work as it should. And if I'm just scanning manually every day, Sophos says I did not scan the phone. And why does Sophos warn me that I allow downloads from unknown sources? When I do not allow it, this feature does not work either.

Android 8.0 standalone 7.2.2526(19)

• Hi Stefan, 

Abot the scan issue, please allow me to check on this and get back to you. In the meantime, please refer to the article How to get log files from Sophos apps installed on Android or iOS mobile devices. Instead of sending the logs to support, save it.Once you collect the logs please do let me know and I would collect the logs from you for further analysis.

About the warning:

Normally, apps are only installed from Google Play. If you allow other apps than the Google Play Store app to install apps, apps can be installed from any location, such as other websites or the local storage of your device. Installing apps only from Google Play reduces the risk of downloading and installing malicious apps.  If you are downloading an apk file via browsers that could be the reason why you are receiving the warning. Please ensure that the source is added or the feature is turned off.

To add the source, Open Sophos Mobile Security > Tap the three lines on the left top corner > Security Advisor > Unknown app sources > Change 

And add the source from here. 

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.