This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Failed to remove two "low reputation apps"

Hi,

Sophos has detected two "low reputation apps " but when I press "delete" button, I get message saying unable to delete.

I have been getting infuriating full-screen ads which butt in when I'm trying to do something so I have been trying to find what's causing them.

Removing the apps identified by Sophos may well be the key to this so I'd be very grateful to know how I can delete these.

Further, is the fact that the files can't be deleted something suspicious in itself? I have heard that malware often has tricks to outwit security programmes.

Thank you very much in advance for any help you can give.

Regards

Wayne.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Wayne, 

Please help me with the following:

1. What are the apps that have been detected as '' Low reputation apps"?

2. What is the version of Sophos Mobile Security version?

3. What is the Android version of your device?

If possible please do share the screenshot if possible.

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

In answer to your questions:

1) The apps are not anything I recognise - the file name is just a string of numbers with a file extension. I have provided a link (below) to a gallery of screenshots for your information, showing file names/paths etc. (Please let me know if you can't access that gallery. I couldn't see a way of attaching screenshots directly to this post.)

2) sophos antivirus version is: 3.70.2:2017122704

3) Android version is: 6.0.1

Thank you.

Regards

Wayne

• Hi Wayne,

Thank you for the screenshots. I could access the screenshot, please allow me to check on this and get back to you. In the meantime please do upgrade to the latest version 7.2.2526 (19) and check if you still have the same issue.

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• OK cool - thank you.

Quick update: I made sure I had latest version, re-ran scan - all same result as above.

Also, I have treated myself to a new phone - I will be installing sophos on that too so I'd still like to know answer to this problem in case it reappears on new phone (I will be installing my same suite of apps).

I will do a factory reset on this (old) phone and keep it as a back up.

Look forward to your thoughts. Thanks again.