This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Android access

Hi people out there. I'm just a father who want to use sophos on the kids android mobile to prevent surfing on websites not desirable.

My Q: Can the sophos app have a pin kode/password to provent it to be opened or settings changed.

I find the app good but very difficult to manage/ set up.

Happy X-mas. Hope to get some answers

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Paul, 

Yes, it is possible to prevent Sophos Mobile Security with a Password/PIN from the settings being changed. 

1. Open Sophos mobile security and from left-hand side open the options and tap on App Protection.

2. Check Enable App Protection checkbox.

3. Once the App Protection is enabled, it would request for the password when you try to make any changes to the settings. Also, you can add more apps from the list which you wanted to be protected, and every time the app is accessed you will receive a pop up as shown below.

Let me know if this helps resolve your query.

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• But why does Sophos Mobile Security want this permission if you want App Protection?

Erase all data without warning?

Control how and when to lock the screen?

Change screen lock?

Reply Children
No Data