This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is Google Play Store Safe Zone to download Apps??

As i have gone many articles few of them specify that malware like 'GhostClicker' & 'Lipizzan' has been identified after a long time run and search for malware detection. My question is that for android mobile phones are free to use the apps at google play store or not?? and how securely can we download the apps and tips to identify the malware before installations.

Hope for a quick reply as in order of app preferences...

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi  

If you are wondering which Apps are safe to download on the Google Play Store, it may be more fruitful to pose that question on the Google Play Help Forum

As per Sophos Mobile Security for Androids, some of the anti-malware and antivirus features it provides are as follows:

• Scans apps when you install them
    • Scans previously installed apps both on your device and on storage devices
    • Scans apps either on demand or in set intervals
    • Shows you potentially unwanted apps (PUAs)
    • Protects you from malicious use of USSDs
    • Uses up-to-the-minute threat intelligence from the cloud

Cheers,
    Karlos

Karlos
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support

Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.
  • Isabel Jason said:

As i have gone many articles few of them specify that malware like 'GhostClicker' & 'Lipizzan' has been identified after a long time run and search for malware detection. My question is that for android mobile phones are free to use the apps at google play store or not?? and how securely can we download the apps and tips to identify the malware before installations.

Hope for a quick reply as in order of app preferences...

Isabel,

All Android devices can use the Google Play store for free.  The apps in the Google Play store may not be free, but the apps from Sophos are free.

To protect your android devices, install both of these free Sophos apps.  First install Sophos Mobile Security and then, install Security & Antivirus Guard

If your Android devices are from Samsung or LG, also add the Sophos Samsung Plugin or the Sophos LG Plugin

This will protect your Android devices from all kinds of issues when your use your devices, download information to them, and install apps in them.