This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Your device might be at a risk - how to diasable message?

Hello,

I use Sophos Mobile Security. Every few hours Sophos reports 'your device might be at a risk' in the message-bar of my android because my phone is rooted. I did this intentionally and don't want to change it. I need root for flightmode and other things.

How can I disable this message without desiabling everey new message like virusreport etc.?

Thanks for help.

Regards

gw

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi  

Unfortunately, we do not have an option to disable this alert. As the rooted devices are not safer (not recommended) and Sophos Mobile Security is a security product it would keep throwing the Alert as the device is really at risk. 

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Ridiculous. Of course you could allow it to be ignored.

Removing device encryption is also a security risk but that can be ignored.

In my case the device is not even rooted but SMS is incorrectly telling me it is with the same message. How do I get rid of the annoying alert except by removing the app.

Stunning logic!

• I completely agree. There is no sane reason to display this message every single day. In my case it's invalid too, as I haven't rooted my phone. Fix it or face massive uninstalls.

Reply Children
No Data