This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Low reputation application " application mauvaise réputation" detected by Sophos mobile security for android

Dear Sophos mobile security support,

I am wondering about low reputation application that Sophos has detected in paly store, I seen that most of the applications installed from play store are detected as low reputation by Sophos is this trough, shall I deactivated this option under menu? I tried this but Sophos stopped to give the notification about the installed application; according to that the installed applications means that they are classed under low reputation?

In other hand some application that I installed them long time ago and they were safe, but when uninstall them and I reinstall them Sophos shows the notification as low reputation, even if I updated an application which was safe during the first installation and when I updated it comes as low reputation?

Please advice.

Thank in advance.

Laid_r

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi  

App Reputation uses Sophos Live Protection to provide more information about the apps which should be installed. A warning is displayed for apps that have low reputation, giving users the option to make an informed decision to either authorize or uninstall the app. The result of the user's decision is sent back to Sophos Labs to improve the quality of the reputation data. 

The reputation of an app is determined by the apps prevalent across the Sophos Mobile Security customer base, as provided by Live Protection telemetry data, SophosLabs detection data, and feedback data based on user actions. These user-driven feedback is collated and processed continuously to improve the quality of the reputation data. It does not solely depend on the source of the app(However it is one of the factors).

Please refer to Sophos Mobile Security: FAQ on App Reputation

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Gowtham Mani
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support

Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Dear Gowtham M,

many thanks for your reply it helps a lot.

thanks again.

laid