This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Google Cloud Messaging not configured. error -51

Hi,

I`m trying to push the installation of an Android App from Sophos Central Admin to an Android device. The installation is being initiated, however installation is failing due to error code -51 (Google Cloud Messaging not configured.).

I`m accessing Sophos Central Admin using the web interface from chrome, and the mobile device is connected the company's  guest network which has no limitations with regards to open ports etc.

I would appreciate your help regarding this issue, below are some screenshots of the current setup.

Android app setup:

Install app (errors):

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Iommi,

Please try the following:

- Go to Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications -> All

- Select "Clear data" for "Google Play services" and "Google services framework"

- Temporarily unlink your Google account from the phone

- Reboot the phone

- Re-associate your Google account

- Wait a few minutes

- Resync SMC

- If resyncing does not help, re-enroll SMC

Let me know if this helps resolve the issue.

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Actually what caused the problem was that on my mobile device I installed the "Sophos Mobile Security" instead of "Sophos Mobile Control", the latter works as desired.

Thanks for your help.