This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

App Protection - Kennwort vergessen

Hallo, ich möchte gerne wissen wo kann ich mein App Protection- Kennwort ändern? Ich habe mir die kostenlos App Sophos Mobile Security auf mein Handy heruntergeladen, jetzt kann ich meine Einstellungen nicht mehr benutzen, da ich angeblich immer ein falsches Kennwort eingebe. Kennt jemand dieses Problem und kann mir eine Lösung mitteilen. Vielen Dank im Voraus.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi, habe das gleiche Problem mit meinem 1plus3 unter Android/Oygen. Suche dringend eine Lösung. Kann App-Protection auch nicht deinstallieren da auch hier erst das Passwort erforderlich ist.

• Hi Gerhard/Britta,

Is the Sophos Mobile Security a standalone install or is it managed by Sophos Mobile? If it is managed by Sophos Mobile you can reset the password from Sophos Mobile. For the standalone installation, unfortunately, a hard reset will be the only solution. 

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Looks like I have the same problems.

think it's better and easier for you to explain them to you, Mr. Sreenivasan

in English.

You may put this reply to another or a new thread – pls. send me in this case the link.

I have installed Sophos Mobile Security and Sophos Security & Antivirus Guard on my Alcatel.

When I bought last Tuesday a brand-new Xiaomi Mi A1 I enabled the rear fingerprint sensor  

and choose a password (PIN) for screen lock.

Then I transferred the apps incl. the above mentioned Sophos

from Alcatel to Xiaomi Mi A1

After I upgraded the Xiaomi  to Android Oreo (8.0) the device had first problems

with my regular PIN  but then, after restart, accepted it.

In the late evening I activated the alarm clock , activated flight mode and in the settings

I enabled the screen saver CLOCK.

Next morning the alarm worked but - my regular PIN is no more accepted!

I still had no SIM and no SD card in the device.

So the actual status of the Xiaomi Mi A1 is

Sophos Mobile Security Version: 7.2.2526
    Android version : see above
    Device brand and model name : see above

Language of  device : German

It is a stand-alone device ?

After starting the phone again

I got the following messages:

Gib deine PIN ein, um Android zu starten"
    i.e Enter your PIN to start Android

When I entered my regular PIN I tried and got again and again the message "Falsche PIN" = Wrong PIN
    followed by the warning Achtung: Sollten die nächsten x VERSUCHE, das Gerät zu entsperren, fehlschlagen,
    werden die Gerätedaten gelöscht”
    i.e. ATTENTION: SHOULD DO THE NEXT x ATTEMPTS TO UNLOCK THE DEVICE
    FAIL THE DEVICE DATA WILL BE DELETED "
    I have to know nowif these messages are from the Sophos App (device encryption? Is the regular password in this case overwritten by the Sophos app?)
    and if the phone will then be resetted to the factory settings.
    Is there something like a cheat code, workaround or another possibility to resolve the problems? Thank you in advance for assistance Best regards Hans