This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

I am using Sophos Mobile protection and am pleased with it except in regard to Low reputation ratings.

Both Signal ( 1 million downloads ) and QKSMS ( 100-500k installs) are flagged as low reputation - both of these are SMS/Messaging type apps . This seems very odd - especially the Signal app given that both WhatsApp and Googles latest app use Signals protocol for encryption ?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • @Bodhan

Thanks for your reply and I decided to persevere with the application for the time being. However Google messenger has come up as low reputation ( more than once ) including just yesterday. It cannot be that this app is not prevalent among the Sophos android community .

Also when one takes the option to "Allow this app" the resulting message indicates that it will be excluded from all future scans . This wording is unclear - does it mean that the app is not scanned at all in scans or only that the reputation is ignored but that the app is still scanned for malware ?

For me this problem makes an otherwise great app into a bothersome app.

• Sophos have conflicts of interest here, it marks all security app as low reputation except for itself, McAfee, etc...