This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Loss & Theft still sends SMS

Hello Community,

i set up Loss & Theft on my private phone. It works really nice. I test it with that locate command. But from now every time i get this messages about the location on the "rescue" phone. How can i turn off this command, so that no more sms are sent to this phone? If i delete the phone number under phone number settings, and add it again, i still get this messages. I reconfigured loss & theft, also didnt help

Can u help me?

best regards

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Customer Service told me employees of Sophos look at these questions and respond. I've seen a bunch of questions similar to yours. I have the same problem. No answer, years later.

• Hi Nevena,

Please help me with the following:

1. What version of Sophos Mobile Security are you using? 

2. What is the exact issue you are facing the Lost & Theft SMS?

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• I have A Samsung Galaxy S7. The Sophos Mobile Security version is 7.1.2474.

I entered my husband's phone number as the number allowed to give Sophos the command to erase everything on my phone, to lock it up or to tell us the current location of the phone. Since I did that, my husband would get 2 text messages every day - one with the approximate location and one with the exact location of my phone. It's very annoying. I thought Sophos would tell my husband's phone number where my phone was located, only if I had sent the text command first telling Sophos that my phone was lost or stolen.

How do I keep this feature activated but not irritate my husband by sending him 2 GPS coordinates every single day?

Thank you for your time.

• I have A Samsung Galaxy S7. The Sophos Mobile Security version is 7.1.2474.

I entered my husband's phone number as the number allowed to give Sophos the command to erase everything on my phone, to lock it up or to tell us the current location of the phone. Since I did that, my husband would get 2 text messages every day - one with the approximate location and one with the exact location of my phone. It's very annoying. I thought Sophos would tell my husband's phone number where my phone was located, only if I had sent the text command first telling Sophos that my phone was lost or stolen.

How do I keep this feature activated but not irritate my husband by sending him 2 GPS coordinates every single day?

Thank you for your time.

• Hi Nevena,

Please help me with the following:

1. Does the SMsec have device administrators rights?

2. Did you leave 2 numbers in SMsec?

3. Did you try reinstalling the app?

I would suggest reinstalling the app. 

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.