This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Queries regarding sophos av for Android

Hi,

Firstly thank you for providing free world class top application.. Congratulations for coming first in av-test 2015.

I have recently installed sophos on my Android mobile running Android 6 on nexus 5x.

I have below issues:

Lot of may paid icon packs are being detected as low reputation apps though the permissions those apps are asking for is limited, so I am curious to understand how this cloud based scanning come to conclusion that a particular app is low reputed (even default installed services are also being detected) is it based on the app persimissons it request for? Or behavioral analysis? Or are you using any particular white listing of apps, any app that is not present in your database is being triggered as low reputed app?

Second in the sophos settings I see that Web protection is not enabled on my Android 6,does it mean the av doesn't scan the sites that I am visiting even with Google Chrome browser?

Third it also shows that my device is not encrypted, but both nexus 5x and 6p by default come with encryption though it is not hardware based encryption. Can this be fixed please.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

This thread was automatically locked due to age.