This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Low reputation app

Hi,

Sophos did notify me while charging my freshly factory resetted Samsung Tablet about a "low reputation app".

All my Sasmung devices seem to update/install apps while charging. Atleast the Sophos notification idicates they do. Its the same Scan result as normally installed/updated apps. They do this while "automated Updates" are DISABLED in PlayStore. I updated all my Apps manually before charging my Phone. The Number of Apps before this Sophos notification and after it was the same. So no additional app was installed. I also have disabled installation of apps via unknown sources. The path in the 2nd picture indicates a PlayStore loaded app anyways.

I had this kind of a message from Sophos on another Samsung device too (1 year ago so i dont remember the code/id). On others i never got a warning from Sophos. Even on similar device (aka same Android version).

Another "security" app on my Tablet notifies my about app installations too. At 03:20 i didnt show any installation.

I could find anything online regarding this strange number/code shown by Sophos. My guess would be that it is same kind of internal code/id for PlayStore Apps ...

The storage/... path was empty when i checked it. Sophos says the file/app was removed from safety assessment seconds after the warning message. What does this mean?

Might this be a false positive?

Thx.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.