This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can I install Sophos Mobile security without the need to encrypt the whole mobile device?

Hi,

First time here. I am very new to Sophos, so please forgive me if a question like this has been asked already. Basically, we have a number of a users who use their personal mobiles to access work emails. We want to introduce a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) policy, but it means having the phones encrypted and I know not everyone will be pleased to know that if their phone goes missing or is stolen, it means having to remotely wipe the entire device.

Therefore, my question is can I install the Sophos mobile apps onto a device without having to encrypt the whole device? So that in the event that a device does go missing, instead of wiping the whole device, I am just able to uninstall the Sophos apps.

What specific policies would I need to set up in order to ensure that the Sophos are installed but doesn't affect the entire device?

I thank you in taking your time to read this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
No Data