This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Default Browser

FormerMember
FormerMember

I recently made Sophos my default browser but when I open Chrome it's still showing my previous default browser. Can anyone tell me why it's not showing or loading? Thank you in advance for your help and support.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi  

Please confirm the Sophos product you are using on your machine.

Could you please provide answers to below-mentioned questions:

1. Name of the last default browser.

2. How chrome gets opened? Through someone provided a link for any website?

Regards,

Jasmin
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Support

Sophos Support VideosKnowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts |
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to Jasmin

1)-My default browser was duckduckgo (default

and current search engine is duckduckgo).

2)- Chrome is opened with my home page; .

My reason for asking this question is in the Sophos Settings (web filtering) Sophos Mobile security is listed in the Browsers so I selected it as my default but Chrome settings still show duckduckgo as being default, so it's what I'm not understanding clearly. Thank you

• Hi  

Sorry, but I am getting confused here. Sophos provides a browser which comes with Sophos Secure Workspace.

I am assuming here that when you say chrome has different settings, it means Google chrome browser has duckduckgo as a default Search engine which is obvious as Sophos can't be set as a search engine for Google chrome.

In Sophos Mobile Security, protected browsers are mentioned under the Web filtering settings which shows that below-mentioned browsers are protected through the web filtering.

Please let me know where I am incorrect in my understanding and if possible also provide the screenshot of your web filtering settings.

Regards,

Jasmin

Sophos Support VideosKnowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts |

• Hi  

Sorry, but I am getting confused here. Sophos provides a browser which comes with Sophos Secure Workspace.

I am assuming here that when you say chrome has different settings, it means Google chrome browser has duckduckgo as a default Search engine which is obvious as Sophos can't be set as a search engine for Google chrome.

In Sophos Mobile Security, protected browsers are mentioned under the Web filtering settings which shows that below-mentioned browsers are protected through the web filtering.

Please let me know where I am incorrect in my understanding and if possible also provide the screenshot of your web filtering settings.

Regards,

Jasmin

Children
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Jasmin
    This reply was deleted.
  • Hi  

Sophos Intercept X for Mobile in the default application can be selected but it is useful when you have link checker setup in the Sophos Intercept X for mobile. Sophos Intercept X for Mobile is actually not a browser but when you have any link in the SMS or any photos, etc, these will go through the Intercept X for Mobile for malware check. 

Duckduckgo is an engine which will be in place with Google browser when you'll open it. It is normal behaviour even if Intercept X for mobile is set to the default browser. 

Regards,

Jasmin