This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How tu unlock my blocked phone by Sophos Mobile Security 9?

Hello!

I have blocked my own Samsung Galaxy A40 smartphone and now I need a App-Protection-App or a QR-Code for scanning for unlocking.

How to get them?

Thank you

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi  

Are you using the free Sophos Mobile security app for Android? Or do you have a license for Sophos Mobile Control and are using the Sophos Mobile security app along with Sophos Mobile Control?

Can you please provide more details regarding the issue you are facing? Are you facing an issue with the "App Protection" feature of the Sophos Mobile Security app? It would be great if you can attach a few screenshots for better clarity. 

Thanks,
    Yashraj Singha
    Manager | Global Community Support
    Are you a Sophos Partner? | Product Documentation | @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question, please use the "Verify Answer" button.
    The New Home of Sophos Support Videos!  Visit Sophos Techvids
  • Hi Yashraj,

thank you for answering!

Yes, I am only using the free Sophos Mobile security app for Android and I have installed Scanner, Web Filtering, Link Checker, Wifi-Security and App Protection. But the last I can not open because I need the "App-Protection-PIN".

• Hi  

When you initially set up the app protection feature in Sophos Mobile Security for Android, it asks you to set up the app protection password (Pattern/Pin/Password). Alternatively, you can also set up app protection password recovery. Please check the following screenshot. 

You can then export the password. I exported the password and sent it via an email which looks like this: 

Later on, you can recover your password by clicking on the "Recovery" button on the app protection password input password window as seen below:

So, unless you have set up a recovery password for your app protection feature, you cannot recover the password. We do not store your app protection password. If you have forgotten where you exported the app protection password or if you have not exported it, then you will need to uninstall Sophos Mobile Security and set up the app protection settings again. You can uninstall the app by going into Sophos Mobile Security> Settings> Scroll to the bottom and click "Uninstall".

Thanks,
    Yashraj Singha
    Manager | Global Community Support
    Are you a Sophos Partner? | Product Documentation | @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question, please use the "Verify Answer" button.
    The New Home of Sophos Support Videos!  Visit Sophos Techvids
  • Hi Yashraj,

sorry, but I can not open the Sophos Mobile Security Settings because I need the PIN therefor. I have never put in such a PIN or a Password!!

Please send me such a QR code or a unique recovery password for resetting like in your sent Screenshot! Thank you!

Regards,

Thomas

• Hi  

Unfortunately, this is a unique recovery password for an individual device. It will only be available if you have a configured App recovery password as shown in the above screenshots. You can try to uninstall the app as suggested by Yashraj and see if it helps.

Shweta

Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Are you a Sophos Partner? | Product Documentation@SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'Verify Answer' link.
    The New Home of Sophos Support Videos! - Visit Sophos Techvids
  • Hi Shweta,

I have no configured App recovery password - and I don't know why not...

I have tried to uninstall about settings / "Einstellungen" in german, but than I have to put in the App-Protection-PIN or a Password and QR code for resetting.

But there must be a possibilty to reset or to uninstall without a PIN or password, what I have never had!

I have never created a PIN or password !!

• Why I don't have such a PIN and password?? It can not be possible, that my Security App is destroying all my datas, when I have to reset my phone...

Please try to help me without resetting everything!

Thank you!!

Regards,

Thomas

Reply Children