This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Mobile v 8.6.2880 on Android 8.1.0 (Motorola G5+) very heavy, intermittent battery drain

Hi, I've searched these forums and found out about older version issues with excessive battery drain but this is a very current and unexpected issue. For the past 4 months or so, periodically (around once every 3 to 4 weeks approximately) Mobile 8.6.2880 will drain the battery fully within a few hours. Looking at Android's battery stats I'll see 80 - 85% of power demanded by the software within say 6 hours. I can recharge and it may continue for a while, then it settles down to very little power drain, only as you might expect for 'normal' power drain. Then a few weeks later it happens all over again. I have not been able to tie it to any particular phone state and I really can't believe it's down to a scan, that would be crazy. It does make the software unreliable under these circumstances because you can pick up your phone and Sophos Mobile has trashed the battery. That is a great pity because apart from this it is one of the most useful, well presented pieces of mobile software I've ever encountered.

Any ideas or help with this issue to enlighten as to what's going on would be really appreciated, thanks.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children