This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

active in background

Sophos repeatedly asks to remain active in background on Oneplus 6t with PIe. How i can resolve?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Mass8, 

I was able to replicate this issue on my Android device(Moto G5, Android 8.1.0). All I did was to enable the battery optimization for Sophos apps. Here are a few screenshots which I managed to gather: 

This happens as the battery optimization of Android kills the Sophos applications because of which, Sophos will not be able to make sure that the device is protected at all times. So it might take a little bit of hit on the battery, but I recommend that you disable battery optimization for Sophos applications. 

To make sure you don't get such warnings, please follow these steps: (Steps might vary depending on the OS) 

1. Go to Settings>Apps & notifications. 

2. Select "Sophos Mobile Control">Battery>Battery optimization. 

3. Set it to not optimized. 

4. Repeat the above steps for "Sophos Mobile Security" application. Sync your device once. 

Thanks,
    Yashraj Singha
    Manager | Global Community Support
    Are you a Sophos Partner? | Product Documentation | @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question, please use the "Verify Answer" button.
    The New Home of Sophos Support Videos!  Visit Sophos Techvids
  • you would think that this will stop the prompt :)

Reply Children