This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SSL stripping detected on home and work wifi

Today something is triggering the SSL stripping caution message. Despite turning off and disconnecting from the reported connection issues, they continued at work then stopped around 4:30pm EST.  I checked WIFI access points SSID and channel listings and many were reporting the SSL stripping error message. This error then began at home.  I have checked my home router for any security breach- none found. My phone just received my cell phone provider security update from AT&T. I scanned my phone and nothing was reported to be an issue. My understanding is that the SSL  stripping gives the appearance that HTTP -HTTPS connection is falsely reported as safe.  Too many people are reporting the same security error so there is a real issue. What the root cause is may need to be determined by commanilty of service provider updates, app and website updates and how Sophos interacts with them. These notifications are unsettling to many people with the urgent message to disconnect from that WiFi connection.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
No Data