This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SSL Stripping recognized?

Hello there,

we are using different and totally separated wifi connections in our business unit (also from different providers). Since today we get a nottification from Sophos Mobile Security for every of these WIFI´s that there is SSL Stripping recognized. This is even the case when there is no browser used on this smartphone. Can this be an issue of todays software definitions? Of course we already had scanned the Smartphone with Sophos Mobile Security but there was found no problem.

Kind regards - Hannes

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • We are also seeing this on our home network. We have Sophos installed on 3 Android phones. Security scans say no issues found. The SSL Stripping Detected message is new to our devices this morning. I uninstalled Sophos from one phone, installed Avast and ran its wifi security tool which showed no issues, then uninstalled Avast and reinstalled Sophos. The SSL Stripping Detected message continues to show. With others seeing this today I'm wondering if the problem is with a software update to the app versus an actual threat. I don't know if Sophos employees monitor this forum but would appreciate some guidance if so. I use my home network to connect to a work VPN and am concerned with possible vulnerabilities.

• I have almost the exact same issue, started seeing this message today on home network. Two Android phones that have the Sophos client installed started showing this message. In a panic I called my Broadband provider,(Virgin) and asked them to check, they responded with no issues on their end,(i.e. their  HUB). Looking into it more I don't have any warnings on Laptops or Desktops in the house and like you I installed another security tool onto the phone(McAfee) and its WiFi checker gave the all clear. So you could be right, maybe an update to the Sophos client that has done something strange! I'm on VPN for work too so keen to know if this is just a bug.

• Hi All,

Apologies for this inconvenience and thank you for reporting this. 

I will be reaching out to our team and following up with feedback I receive.

Regards,

Florentino
    Director, Global Community & Digital Support

Are you a Sophos Partner? | Product Documentation@SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question, please use the 'Verify Answer' button.
    The Award-winning Home of Sophos Support Videos! - Visit Sophos Techvids
  • I've turned off WiFi on my Android phone in the meantime, but am worried about my other devices (Windows 10 laptop, etc.)

Is this a false positive or will I require a firmware upgrade on my router?

Thanks.

• By the way I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 running Android 5.1, so I understand that there's no way to get a security upgrade for this model any longer.

Should I consider flashing Cyanogen mod instead in order to be able to keep my phone up to date with Android security patches?

Cheers.

• By the way I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 running Android 5.1, so I understand that there's no way to get a security upgrade for this model any longer.

Should I consider flashing Cyanogen mod instead in order to be able to keep my phone up to date with Android security patches?

Cheers.

Children