This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Accessibility Service on Huawei P20 Pro

I have the Huawei P20 Pro running the latest Sophos Mobile Security however it seems to have a problem with the Accessibility Service keeps turning itself OFF. This appears to happen on a restart, however I've only ever restarted it a couple of times since getting the device just over a month ago but it also seems to happen at other times too. I can't be sure of when that happens at the moment as I usually only notice when apps are updated and I spot that the Sophos scan isn't happening.

I have seen that others have reported this with other Huawei devices running Oreo.

I tried to raise a ticket with support but because I'm only using the free version I only got redirected to this forum.

Any ideas anyone?

Ian.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Ian Dobson,

Searching for issues with Accessibility service and Huawei P20, I came across few forums mentioning that it might be due to battery saver settings. Can you make sure the Sophos Mobile Security application is not optimized under battery settings?

Having said that, Let's see if there are any logs entries related to this in the app. Can you navigate to the below-mentioned option and share me the logs. I will have a quick look at it and see if we can find anything anonymous. 

Sophos Mobile Security > Menu (Top left corner) > Settings > Send Trace log- you can either save it in the cloud drives or sent it via email. 

Regards,

Gowtham Mani
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support

Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hi Ian Dobson,

Searching for issues with Accessibility service and Huawei P20, I came across few forums mentioning that it might be due to battery saver settings. Can you make sure the Sophos Mobile Security application is not optimized under battery settings?

Having said that, Let's see if there are any logs entries related to this in the app. Can you navigate to the below-mentioned option and share me the logs. I will have a quick look at it and see if we can find anything anonymous. 

Sophos Mobile Security > Menu (Top left corner) > Settings > Send Trace log- you can either save it in the cloud drives or sent it via email. 

Regards,

Gowtham Mani
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support

Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

Children