Install uploades apk Completly Fail

Hi All,

I am currently pushing out Managed Play Store apps and also need to push out bespoke apps uploaded to Sophos Central.

For the task bundle installing the bespoke apk's I am getting Completely failed. 

Hopefully I am missing something simple.

Thanks in advance.

• In reply to Kamir Vivid:

Hi Kamir,

Thank you for your response.

I am using Sophos Central to push out to a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 OS 7.0.

When I access the device using Devices > Show Device > Installed Apps > Install App, I have the option to install managed Playstore apps only. The bespoke app has been uploaded to Sophos Central and I have created a task bundle to install the app.

I have tried both Device > Actions > Transfer Task Bundle > Bespoke app bundle > Selected Device and also Configure > Android > Task Bundle > Bespoke app bundle> Transfer > Selected Device

Both methods return Accepted then Completely Failed as statuses in the devices task tab. I am sure that I should be able to push out both Managed Playstore and hosted apps.

• The same here. I can only find one option to install managed Playstore app.

• In reply to tom valm:

Hi Tom,

The best solution for me was to upload the app to Google Play as a private app, share it with the company using the enterprise ID found here.

Mobile > Settings > System Setup > Android Enterprise > Enterprise ID

The bespoke app then behaves like a normal app, but does not appear on play store and appears on the install app list.

Hope this helps,

Jim 

• In reply to John Smithersn:

its really worked.. thanks

• In reply to bowman philpott:

yup totally agreed i think this is the simple and the best way to do it.

• In reply to John Smithersn:

John Smithersn

Hi Tom,

The best solution for me was to upload the app to DQFanSurvey Google Play as a private app, share it with the company using the enterprise ID found here.

The bespoke app then behaves like a normal app, but does not appear on play store and appears on the install app list.

Hope this helps,

Jim 

yup worked just fine 

thank you sir for the info

• Tap Advanced and open Security. Scroll down and enable Unknown Sources. If you already have that app installed (even different version), make sure to uninstall it and restart your device. Navigate to the folder where the APK is stored and install it. official website