This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Anr/xgen-vc

How can I remove andr/xgen-vc? I did'nt find this malware in internet, exept in an Sophos help file. Several other antimalware does'nt find it at all. Is it a fake?

Thanks for kindly help

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Joachim Hoster & Tim Krieger,

Anr/Xgen-vc is Sophos nomenclature for android based malwares, you may not find any reference with other AV vendors(As they might follow thier own naming methods) or othr sources.

May I know if you are using Central or On-premise version of Sophos Mobile control?

- Thanks for the addtional information on this. Will it be possible to provide the log for the detection? (Navigate to Sophos Mobiel security > Menu > log >Check for Security assessment entry)

Regards,

Gowtham Mani
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support

Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• I have  the same problem since yesterday, when I started some updates manually. It keeps popping up with every automatic scan. But as Tim observed this is the system update which I cannot delete and Sophos doesn't let me.

In what is called in German "Protokoll" (I suppose this is what you mean by Menu > log ) it says it didn't find any threat or PUAs today.

I also installed another security app that didn't detect this"threat". So Sophos better update their database and help us!!!

Funny: is this only a problem in the German version of the app ???

• I have  the same problem since yesterday, when I started some updates manually. It keeps popping up with every automatic scan. But as Tim observed this is the system update which I cannot delete and Sophos doesn't let me.

In what is called in German "Protokoll" (I suppose this is what you mean by Menu > log ) it says it didn't find any threat or PUAs today.

I also installed another security app that didn't detect this"threat". So Sophos better update their database and help us!!!

Funny: is this only a problem in the German version of the app ???

Children
No Data