This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Anr/xgen-vc

How can I remove andr/xgen-vc? I did'nt find this malware in internet, exept in an Sophos help file. Several other antimalware does'nt find it at all. Is it a fake?

Thanks for kindly help

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi,

I have got the same problem as you described.

I think it was in the beginning of last week, when Sophos Mobile Security found that "Andr/Xgen-VC" file/ malware on my phone.

I just got the message that this file was found and classified as harmful object. A look on the object details showed that this file/ malware is located in an application called "update" (version 6.2.3), but there are no other options or information given about what to do.

A research on the internet just showed me the following Sophos website:
    www.sophos.com/.../Andr~Xgen-VC.aspx

After that I also installed further antimalware software to check, if they also find this file/malware. But they don't.

In the next step I had a deeper look in my phone settings and applications. The "update" application is listed under system processes, so that I can ‘not deactivate or delete this app. After a while I found out that this "update" application is the application for general system updates of my phone. If I use the path (settings --> about this phone --> system update) there is a pop-up message that Sophos has detected this application as malware.

So, I don't know how to handle this, but I am glad to read that there is someone in the same situation. I think it would be interesting to know, if it is the same "update" application in both cases, which is detected as malware.

• Hallo,

auf Grund Ihres Namens nehme ich an, dass ich auf Deutsch antworten kann.

Ich bin in der gleichen Situation, wie Sie und habe auch andere Antimalware installiert. Danach noch ein Versuch mit Sophos mit dem gleichen Ergebnis.

Leider kann ich nichts dazu sagen, ob es das gleiche "update" ist.

Da Sie offensichtlich besser englisch kommunizieren können, bitte ich Sie den Casus weiter zu verfolgen.

Auch wenn es eine kostenlose Version von "Sophos Mobile Security für Android" war, finde ich es nicht kundenfreundlich, wenn man keine deutlichere Unterstützung durch den Hersteller bekommt. Ich bin daher ebenso froh, dass ich nicht der Einzige bin.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Joachim Hoster

Just in case:

I'm in the same situation as you and have other antimalware installed. Then another try with Sophos with the same result.

Unfortunately I can not say anything, if it is the same "update".

Since you obviously can communicate better English, I ask you to pursue the case further.

Although it was a free version of "Sophos Mobile Security for Android", I find it not customer friendly unless you get clearer support from the manufacturer. So I'm just as glad that I'm not the only one.

Best regards,

• Hallo,

auf Grund Ihres Namens nehme ich an, dass ich auf Deutsch antworten kann.

Ich bin in der gleichen Situation, wie Sie und habe auch andere Antimalware installiert. Danach noch ein Versuch mit Sophos mit dem gleichen Ergebnis.

Leider kann ich nichts dazu sagen, ob es das gleiche "update" ist.

Da Sie offensichtlich besser englisch kommunizieren können, bitte ich Sie den Casus weiter zu verfolgen.

Auch wenn es eine kostenlose Version von "Sophos Mobile Security für Android" war, finde ich es nicht kundenfreundlich, wenn man keine deutlichere Unterstützung durch den Hersteller bekommt. Ich bin daher ebenso froh, dass ich nicht der Einzige bin.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Joachim Hoster

Just in case:

I'm in the same situation as you and have other antimalware installed. Then another try with Sophos with the same result.

Unfortunately I can not say anything, if it is the same "update".

Since you obviously can communicate better English, I ask you to pursue the case further.

Although it was a free version of "Sophos Mobile Security for Android", I find it not customer friendly unless you get clearer support from the manufacturer. So I'm just as glad that I'm not the only one.

Best regards,

Children
No Data