This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Mobile Security problems?

Hi,

I don't have the exact message anymore but I got a message on my phone that the app Sophos Mobile Security app was tampered with and I needed to uninstall it and install it again from the Google Play Store.

I did uninstall it and installed it again from the Google Play Store.

However it wants me to give permission for:

Device administrator permissions required

Sophos Mobile Security requires the following device administrator permissions to protect itself against uninstallation:

Erase all data
Erase the phone's data without warning by performing a factory data reset.

Change the screen lock
Change the screen lock

Monitor screen-unlock attempts
Monitor successfull and unsuccessful unlock attempts

Lock the screen
Control how and when the screen locks

My question are:

Is or was there a problem with Sophos Mobile Security?

Why should I give administrator permission to Erase all data, Change the screen lock and Lock the Screen?

I did not give those permissions yet!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Sterre de Bruijne,

When you enroll your device to SMC system with Sophos Mobile Control. Sophos Mobile Control will require administrator permission because:

• All of Mobility Management Solution is used to control employee's mobile device which use store business data.
    • If your device is lost and you need remote lock device from SMC system --> Sophos Mobile Control need administrator permission to do that. Serious, if your mobile device contain important data and you really make sure this don't leak, you could remote erase data from SMC system --> Sophos Mobile Control need administrator permission to do that.

Above is any case which explain SMC solution need administrator permission.

- XG v17 Technician Certificate -

• Hi Sterre de Bruijne,

When you enroll your device to SMC system with Sophos Mobile Control. Sophos Mobile Control will require administrator permission because:

• All of Mobility Management Solution is used to control employee's mobile device which use store business data.
    • If your device is lost and you need remote lock device from SMC system --> Sophos Mobile Control need administrator permission to do that. Serious, if your mobile device contain important data and you really make sure this don't leak, you could remote erase data from SMC system --> Sophos Mobile Control need administrator permission to do that.

Above is any case which explain SMC solution need administrator permission.

- XG v17 Technician Certificate -

Children