This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Update of Virus Definition not working

Hi,

I use with different Android devices Sophos Mobile Free. On all devices the Update of the Virus definition are working fine, exept my Nexus 6P (Android 8.1.0). On the Nexus I get daily a warning within the app that the definition is outdated. If I click on the warning, it updates and after, everything is fine! But I have to do this manualy. And again, at all other devices (not 8.1.0!)  this is nerver an issue!

I search all preferences, but could not find any difference between devices!

Does someone have a hint for me?

Is this a known issue with that device or Android version?

Kind regards,

Jens

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Jens, 

As I see that you have issues only on the Nexus 6P device, I suggest you to try to uninstall and reinstall the Sophos Mobile Security app. In the meantime, I will try to check if we have any know issues with this device.

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hi, thx for response!

The thing is, that my 6P is also the only device with an Android 8.1!

However, since the last update it's working fine! For this I got a message from Android regarding the Sophos Mobile app, to disable the Battery Optimizing by Android. After this update I saw this message the first time, maybe this was the reason for not working.

But since disabling this Batterie optimizing I see that the app is now using a bit more Power. It’s not that much, but the battery goes empty a bit faster!

But step by step :-)

Kind regards,

Jens