This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How To turn on Wifi/Mobile Data on Samsung Android even when profile restriction doesnt allow settings changes?!?

Helo,

I done some stupid thing;

- I changed restriction policy on Sophos Mobile Central for Android "Allow settings changes" to NO

then

- I turned off WLAN and Mobil Data on my Samsung Android mobile phone

Now I have a Problem, I can not eather update or configure my mobile phone. If I change my Policy back to ALLOW SETTINGS CHANGES = ON , it still doesnt mater, couse my phone is not able to connect with Internet and load this change....

How can I revive my connection with this mobile phone again??

I dont whant to delete it couse it has plenty important data and apps on it.

Thank you

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • the timing for this is unfortunate, you must have made the setting change on the MDM portal and then changed your phone within seconds of that happening.

So if I understand this correctly, you have bricked your phone? Its now only got Bluetooth as a data connection?

I'd connect it to a PC or Mac via USB cable and use the manufacturer tools to backup the phone and then factory reset it

• I tried to hard reset it directly through boot, but this didnt work. It shows me a message, this would be forbidden by Sophos MDM ....

AND

I tried to connect with my PC through Samsung Smart Switch. It allows me to backup my phone, but not to restore it...

It seems to me, this locking feauture from Sophos works perfect... Bad luck for me :-(

Why there is no possibility to unlock the device directly on it self, within Sophos Control App, using for example "Master Password" or similar? Feature-Request?

PS
    Bluetooth is also OFF

• I tried to hard reset it directly through boot, but this didnt work. It shows me a message, this would be forbidden by Sophos MDM ....

AND

I tried to connect with my PC through Samsung Smart Switch. It allows me to backup my phone, but not to restore it...

It seems to me, this locking feauture from Sophos works perfect... Bad luck for me :-(

Why there is no possibility to unlock the device directly on it self, within Sophos Control App, using for example "Master Password" or similar? Feature-Request?

PS
    Bluetooth is also OFF

Children
No Data