This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Secure Mail not opening on iOS devices.

We've had several iOS devices in the last two days where users are complaining that after they enter their password, they just get the rotating circle and "Please wait."  It continues for a long time and then app seems to close.

Restarting the device doesn't seem to help all the time.

Trouble at home and at the office.  Tried with wifi on and off.  Confirmed user can get to websites.  Both are Sprint users, if that makes any difference.

Any idea what could be causing this and how to fix it.  A secure mail app is no good if users can't access their mail/calendar/contacts when they need to.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • There were some updates since the problems occured the first time. The actual update didn't fix the issue, too.

Gruß / Regards,

Kevin
    Sophos CE/CA (XG+UTM), Gold Partner

• Hi, 

What is the current version of Sophos Secure Email you have installed?

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• 7.50.6 which I believe is the latest version?

Gruß / Regards,

Kevin

• Hi Kerobra,

Please share the Support Ticket number that you have opened with our Support team.

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hi Haridoss,

the ticket number is #7910625.

Gruß / Regards,

Kevin

• Any update on this?  I have several iOS users now complaining that they can't log in at all.  App indicates "The app has failed to connect to the Sophos Mobile server too many times.  The app is locked until it connects to the server.  My secure mail is working on my Galaxy S7 Android device.

• Hi Steven,

my support "experience" with SOPHOS is really bad with this. I opened the case, attached the logs and did not hear anything for a few days. Then they requested the logs, I sent them again. After one week I complained about their "black hole like" communication. Then they wrote back that they escalate it internal to another team. The next technician asked me for the used Secure Mail app version - another info I sent with the support case. I gave him the information and again I did not hear anything from them for over a week.

Sorry SOPHOS, I really love your products, but your support is CRAP! With communications like this you are definately pushing your paying customers to look for alternatives...

Back to topic: I finally had the issue on my testing iPhone yesterday, too. The secure mail app started with a rotating circle and that was it... what helped me was opening the SMC app, synchronize manually and reopen the secure mail app. This time it reported sth. like importing container policy and after a few seconds I was able to log in again.

Maybe this helps with your users, too?

Gruß / Regards,

Kevin

• Hello Kevin, Your issue has been escalated to our development team with the reference number below. Issues are prioritised based on severity and customer impact. Development reference number: SSEIOS-277 Current Status: Escalated to Development Issue type: Investigation This ticket is already under development with another customer so we're hoping to have this resolved soon. I'll let you know on Friday if I hear anything more.

Gruß / Regards,

Kevin