This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

iOS devices show Locate not possible or allowed

Some, but not all, of our iOS devices show Locate not possible or allowed and then Information shows not allowed

How do I fix this?  This is one of the main reasons we got this software.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Shannon,

There are two reasons why this message would show up. As per our KB article, it would be due to: 

1. The Sophos Mobile Control app is not installed

2. The user did not grant the Mobile Control app access to the "Location Services" within iOS 

Please have a read at the KB on What To Do.

Cheers,
    Karlos

Karlos
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support

Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.
  • We have this issue often.  I have proven that the location is turned on and that it is allowed for the sophos app, but various devices still show up as non compliant the the reason is "locate not possible".  It seems that the MDM is not very good at updating all the information.  I had a phone in my hand and verified everything on the phone was correct, ran a sync now on the phone and a refresh data on the phone from the MDM and after both those actions the ascertained date on locate not possible was still a month old.  Sophos MDM reports the last seen time as today, but the ascertained date is still a month old and the compliance violation is still there.